Yo~ pardon my for my late post
Just recapping about my past week here. Nothing much, just the same old job searching in newspaper and the internet. Had lots of interview some which i applied for, some not. Result so far? - not fruitful as those i applied for still have not send me any replies (on the bright side, it is still within the timeframe @@), AND I've got jobs offered to me which i have no interest at all. One of them... junior creative position in an advertising/design firm in phileo damansara.. Ouch~
One thing I've learned so far is it is really hard trying to apply for jobs which is different from the course you took. No, I'm not talking about those admin or customer service positions but a real steady job. There is no entry level position these days for those jobs which are considered 'nice' by old standards lol
So here is the million dollar question, "Does the paper/certificate make the man?"
I've read through alot in newspaper, magazines and online about this. There are alot for it and also against it.
Some say it is not about the qualifications because there are tonnes of degree holders out there without the analytical thinking which is required and only able to write on papers. I do agree here because if I'm the employer, I don't need my employee to show me on graph and papers about doing a job but those with a hands-on skill. In short, they are N.A.T.O. (No action, Talk only) and I'm not referring to the world's organisation just to be clear >_<
Then again, there is those who say the qualification is the proof that one is able to achieve and pass something under certain standard. It is the test which seperates you from the rest through a proper distict standard in the marking system. Well, I do have to agree to this one as well..
No, I'm not being the long tall grass which sways in whatever direction the wind is blowing >_<
but they do have a point there. So it is up for you guys to think which is correct here
Anyway I will just continue to apply for jobs outside my field of studies, hoping that I'm lucky enough to find a company which will accept me lol
A word of advice for those who just got their SPM result, apply for a tertiary study to things that interest you, not what your parents want or what you think is glamorous because sometimes those unexpected things will be what you might be missing out on. Explore!
My Boi
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment