Friday, 29 May 2009

ターミネイタ (Terminator : Salvation)




Just went to see the latest movie, Terminator Salvation with my friends and someone at Sunway


Thought that it was a kick-ass movie judging from the nurmerous trailers and advertisement but I must it is kinda so-so only...
Damn the power of advertisement, it over exaggerated the movie =..=

I had much expectation from the movie but I guess the predecessors just got the best of him especially Terminator 2 (T2). I am talking about THE Terminator with a heavy Austrian accent here. Anyone who can be a Terminator and becomes a senator, is the MAN!


There are a few reasons for the dismay, first would be the lack of humour. I know, I know, this is an action and sci-fi movie so there is little or no room for humour. Oh come on~ are you trying to tell me the future is all so dead serious and there is no room for entertainment? Boy, I am lucky that I won't be able to live until that era.. or am I? >_<


The only humourous line I could remember is "If you are going to aim it at me, make sure you are prepared to use it" or something like that.. But I must say the line from T2 "Asta la vista babe" really brings back the memories of a Terminator which is able to joke ^^
The part where John Connor is teaching the machine to behave like human (hey Connor, how come you changed from a jolly kid to a grumpy fella)
I can't blame him since the whole "killer bot after you" thing can really messed up someone's head. In this case, its John Connor's.



And of course, the 2nd reason would be the copy of the scene where the tin can was drenched in molten lava and then being freezed by high pressured gas, it is way totally a T2 scene. Guys, you can do better than that right? Of course the CG in this Terminator is way better than the previous ones (that I must give you credit). The line "I'll be back", you can't use if you are not Arnold, it just doesn't work that way.



Anyway, enough with the spoilers here. Watch it to judge it for yourself. Quick review for this movie.

Pros = Nice CG, big explosion and newer model of machines especially the giant machine harvesting humans and moto-terminator (don't know if I got the correct spelling and yes, not motorola)


Cons = Way less humour, montage scene are copied from predecessors, boring lines, less action for the terminators

No comments:

Post a Comment